Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Last night, I finally made the switch to Tray 2. These trays definitely feel tighter than my first set. And, once again, they are very hard to pull out...especially the ones on the bottom. I thought I was going to rip out one of my front bottom teeth when I pulled my trays out before lunch today! For the first time, there was also some pain - not just tenderness - when my bottom tray locked into place. Fortunately, the longer I wore the tray, the pain downgraded to just pressure.

I'm looking forward to getting past this first week since I know that the trays will feel a lot more comfortable and they should be easier to remove.

My teeth still aren't fitting all the way into my trays, which make the trays a lot more noticeable. Also, it doesn't appear that the spaces are above the right teeth. The ones that need to move up vertically actually fit closer to the trays, when it seems like the space should be above those. I will ask about this on my next visit.

Thanks to Tamara for visiting my blog, and for commenting. Also, thanks to those of you who continue to post to the dentistry.com website. Your comments are so helpful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Me again! :) I'm having the same thing with the trays not fitting my teeth. According to my dentist, the objective is for your teeth to slide into that area by the end of the three weeks. I don't think my one "problem child" is going to make it, though. They may have to adjust the next trays as a result. Will keep ya posted!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hey there - found your blog link through the "Invisalign and me" blog. Also found your comment on my own blog - thanks. Would it be all right if I added your link to mine?

The problem with your trays not seeming to fit right & having so much open space left above some teeth is strange - having never experienced anything like this, I'm wondering if your teeth actually move more with the Orthoclear with each tray set compared to Invisalign's treatment. Since our trays are usually only worn for 2 weeks each, could our individual tooth movements be in smaller increments?

Also feeling your bite suddenly not "fitting" together in the same way as it was before the trays would certainly give me a fright! Haven't had anything like that happen yet, either. All good topics to discuss with your dentist/ortho, for sure. I make note of every little concern to ask about during my next checkup - I wanna know what's goin' on with my teeth...

Best of luck with your treatment -
hope all goes according to plan for you!
Regards,
Anne

4:09 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Duh - I see now that I could have found your blog just by clicking on your username in the comment you left on my blog...

I'll get a complete handle on this blog thing one of these days.

:)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home