Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday, June 3, 2006

Just wanted to post a quick update. This past Thursday, I went for my first dental cleaning since starting OrthoClear. The dentist said that everything looked really good. I was relieved. I have never had a history of having cavities, and since starting OrthoClear, I've been concerned about the possibility of my trays "trapping" plaque and bacteria on my teeth, and thus, causing cavities. To make matters worse, I've been struggling with a sinus infection over the past few weeks, which gave me a horrible lingering cough (I've had it for about two weeks)...anyway, because of my CONSTANT coughing, I've reluctantly had to suck on lozenges while my trays are in, which again, made me apprehensive about the thought of getting cavities. I've continued brushing as much as possible, and I always drink lots of water when I'm doing the lozenge thing. Thankfully, I think the worst of my coughing is now over, so I think I can ditch the lozenges - hopefully I'll be done with my treatment before I have another sinus infection/cough. I'm nearing the end of month two of a projected six-month treatment.

Hope all of you are doing well with your OrthoClear/Invisalign treatments. I am due for an ortho appointment this coming Thursday. I am supposed to be receiving Trays 3 & 4. I'll be sure to let you know how things are going once I make the switch. I am continuing to check the dentistry.com message boards, as well as your blogs. Thanks for continuing to post, guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home