Friday, August 11, 2006



Friday, August 11, 2006

The above pictures were taken today.

To those who have taken the time to add comments to my last post...thanks a MILLION for your advice and support, guys. I can't tell you how much it helps to have other OC patients to "talk to" about the problems I'm encountering.

As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to call, and hopefully visit, my ortho next week to try to get some honest answers about what I should do. I want so desperately to just trust him...I feel very awkward about questioning him (and his assistant) since they don't appear to be worried, but after much thought about this, and after reading hundreds of comments, blogs, message board posts, etc. by other OC/Invisalign wearers, I really believe that I have logical reasons for my concerns. I really have tried to be patient, hoping that the problems would be resolved by now, but after five trays, things don't seem to be getting any better.

Two days ago, I did make the switch to Tray 5. These trays are the tightest ones yet! Yikes! As you can see from the 2nd photo above, the two front buttons still aren't fitting into the holes, and again, there are spaces that extend beyond several of my teeth (even the ones that don't appear to need to move vertically). This makes me very self-conscious about talking/smiling with the trays in. Sigh. To all OC and Invisalign patients: It would extremely helpful to me if you would post clear, UP CLOSE pictures of your teeth (top and bottom teeth apart) with your trays in. I'd just like to be able to compare the way mine fit to the way other patients' trays fit. I'm especially concerned with the space above/below some of my teeth which makes the trays more visible. In my opinion, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the spaces above/below several of my teeth. It just seems that some of the spaces might be the result of flaws in the pre-treatment molds that were taken...maybe due to air bubbles? Just a theory.

Please keep the comments/advice coming! Thanks, guys!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cricket said...

I'm currently on tray set #17 with OrthoClear (9 buttons), and I understand your problems with the buttons not locking/fitting into the holes.

In my case, there were several trays where the buttons didn't fit into the holes at all. I complained to my ortho, and they told me that sometimes that happens and not to worry.

The digital projection that they make the molds for your teeth are 'estimates' at what your teeth are expected to do. Sometimes your teeth move as expected, sometimes they don't. Some would argue that new molds should be taken if the trays aren't fitting perfectly.

However, after 17 OrthoClear trays (moving on to #18 this week), I've found it rare that each of my trays fit perfectly with the buttons/windows. The trays are not always 'like a glove' on my teeth (sometimes visible at the ends of my teeth). And still my teeth are moving into place perfectly. Don't panic. Your teeth are looking great! :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Cricket said...

Hey Orthobuddy!

I've posted some up close shots of my teeth with the aligners in so you can see how my aligners fit.

http://myorthoclear.blogspot.com

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Christine

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. I found the link to your blog from the dentistry.com forums. Anyways, I just started Orthoclear yesterday, and man are they uncomfortable. I'm noticing some poor fitting as well.. a gap where my tooth doesn't quite fill the tray. I don't have any pictures, unfortunately (my camera's a bit lost at the moment). Good luck with yours!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home